Quantum UK 2016 Conference
Tue September 20th, 2016 10:30 to Thu September 22nd, 2016 16:00
Developments in Research and Quantum Technology Skills
Tuesday 20 – Thursday 22 September 2016
Bramall Building, Edgbaston Campus, University of Birmingham
The Quantum UK 2016 Conference is the second annual academic meeting of the UK National Quantum Technologies Programme.
This is your opportunity to learn about the latest developments in quantum technology research from across the Programme, hear from leading experts in the field, and discover how emerging research is being translated into commercial products, and the skills that are necessary to achieve this.
Highlights will include:
- Eight themed sessions of three talks spread over the two and a half days of the conference.
- On Tuesday 20 September there will be a parallel poster session showcasing the latest research from the quantum research community.
- On the same evening, there will be a public lecture by Professor Ian Walmsley, Director of NQIT and Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation at the University of Oxford.
- On Wednesday 21 September, there will be hosting a Quantum Careers Fair with key UK and international companies working in the area of quantum technology presenting employment opportunities for those with research backgrounds in this field.
- The Conference dinner will take place on the evening of Wednesday 21 September 2016.
We are delighted to announce our confirmed keynote speakers:
- Professor Jonathan Home, ETH Zurich
- Dr Svenja Knappe, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Professor Barbara Terhal, Aachen University
- Professor Paolo Villoresi, University of Padova
- Dr Franco Wong, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Other speakers will include:
- Professor Kai Bongs, University of Birmingham
- Alessandro Fedrizzi, Heriot-Watt University
- Dr Paul Griffin, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Giles Hammond, University of Glasgow
- Dr Jake Kennard, University of Bristol
- Professor Peter Kruger, University of Nottingham
- Dr Rupesh Kumar, University of York
- Jonathan Leach, Heriot-Watt University
- Dr Nicole Metje, University of Birmingham
- Joshua Nunn, University of Oxford
- Dr Alessia Pasquazi, University of Sussex
- Professor Douglas Paul, University of Glasgow
- Dr Ben Sauer, Imperial College London
The registration fees for this year’s event are:
- Standard registration: £150
- Student registration: £50
- Conference dinner £60
To register please visit the University of Birmingham’s online shop.
Note: You will need to set up an account before booking; this should only take a few minutes.
About the UK National Quantum Technologies Programme
The UK National Quantum Technologies Programme was established by the UK Government in December 2014 to accelerate the translation of quantum technologies to market. The four Quantum Technology Hubs led by the Universities of Birmingham, Glasgow, York and Oxford are focused respectively on quantum-enabled sensing, quantum-enhanced imaging, quantum secure communications and quantum computing.
For any questions regarding this event, please contact Dr Jo Smart 0121 414 8283 (Monday and Wednesday) / 07812651633 or Daryl Davies 0121 414 9037 or by email email@example.com
For more information about accommodation and travel, please visit the conference page on the Quantum Sensors Hub website.