Apply now for Interim Leadership Team of National Quantum Computing Centre
As part of the UK’s National Quantum Technologies Programme, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is leading a programme to establish a National Quantum Computing Centre, which includes a commitment of £93m over 5 years, dedicated to drive development in the field of Quantum Computing and to place the UK at the forefront of the field.
UKRI is now in a position to recruit an interim leadership team and is looking for individuals that are interested in creating and leading the establishment of this national capability, shaping the design of the centre including its development programmes and academic and user interactions.
The Interim Leadership Team (ILT) of the National Quantum Computing Centre (NQCC) will consist of a Director, a Deputy Director of Research & Development, and a Deputy Director of Operations that will lead the establishment of the first phase of the NQCC on an interim basis whilst a permanent leadership team is recruited.
The ILT will be responsible for:
- Shaping the design of the Centre including establishing its target operating model
- Development of a process that can be used to determine quantum computing technology platform priorities for the centre
- Road mapping of quantum computing and simulation covering the full hardware /software / systems requirements to deliver quantum computing in each of the platforms
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders of the Centre across academia, industry and government to establish a user community for the Centre
- Development of a detailed specification for the physical building at Harwell, providing oversight of the building progress and identifying initial equipment investments.
Please note these roles are only open to Secondments.
- Director: https://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc251233_10036.aspx
- Deputy Director of Research & Development: https://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc251206_10035.aspx
- Deputy Director of Operations: https://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc251247_10034.aspx
Application Closing Date: 11th October 2019